Make this classic take out at home using minimal ingredients. The rice you use is your choice. We used basmati rice but you can go with brown or short grain if you prefer. The vegetables you use are up to you as well. Just have fun.
1 cup of tofu crumbled
2 cups of cooked unseasoned rice
1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
½ cup sweet garden peas
1⁄4 cup sweet pepper
1 small onion chopped
1 tablespoon Island Love Vegan Egg Flavoured Seasoning
1 garlic minced
1⁄8 teaspoon chilli flakes
salt to taste
1 tablespoon sesame oil
green onion to garnish
- Sautee tofu for 3 minutes and set aside.
- Sautee onion and garden peas in 1 tablespoon neutral oil for 3 minutes or until the onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add sweet pepper and continue to cook for another minute. Add rice and mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in sweet soy sauce, garlic and chilli flakes.
- Combine Vegan Egg flavoured seasoning with tofu and stir well.
- Add seasoned tofu to the rice and mix in well. Turn off the heat and finish with sesame oil.
Serve hot and garnish with green onion.
Island Love Gourmet Tip - Fried rice is something that needs to be planned. If you do not have leftover rice you can replicate this but cooking rice and sticking it in the freezer for 25 to 30 minutes before frying it.